IT@Sam is preparing for the launch of a new work order system. The goal is to have this new system ready for go-live on July 8. This change is being made because the current IT@Sam Work Order System has shortcomings in navigation and in general work routing. Cherwell is geared towards alleviating these problems AND providing additional benefits for you.
To make this transition easier, we are providing several training sessions in June. We encourage everyone to attend at least one of our training sessions listed below:
- 6/6/2013 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM, MLHB rm 110
- 6/11/2013 11:00 AM – NOON, MLHB rm 110
- 6/12/2013 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM, MLHB rm 110
- 6/18/2013 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM, MLHB rm 110
- 6/21/13 11:00 AM – NOON, MLHB rm 110
- 6/24/2013 11:00 AM – NOON, MLHB rm 110
- 6/25/2013 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM. MLHB rm 110
Log into Talent Management to sign up to attend a demo. We look forward to seeing you. Who knows, you may be the lucky winner of a free gift just for showing up!
For more information, visit the Cherwell web site: http://www.shsu.edu/dept/it@sam/cherwell/
At least one agency in the Texas State University System has been the target of two attempted social engineering events in the past few weeks. We want to make sure that you are careful with the information that you provide to those that contact your department.
Social engineering is a means of manipulating a person into releasing information or performing acts that will give another person access to secure information. A lot of times the person being manipulated may not realize what is happening until well after the information is given out.
For additional information on this topic including steps to help you avoid being a target, read the July 2012 Cyber Security Tip Newsletter published by the Texas Department of Information Resources. Additional information can also be found on the United States Computer Emergency Readiness Team site.
If you feel you have been the target of social engineering, please do not hesitate to contact IT@Sam to report the issue.
- Mac OSX Security Updates
- Adobe Flash Player will be upgraded on PC workstations
- Adobe Shockwave Player will be upgraded on PC workstations
- Mozilla Firefox will be upgraded to version 17.0.5 on PC workstations
- ODS will be reloaded starting at 9pm on April 26 and will finish by 2pm on April 27. It is not advised to run a Cognos report during this time period. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Service Desk at x4-1950.
Windows workstation patches will be released on 4/13. Some of these patches may require your workstation to reboot. Please be sure that you save all work and log out of your workstation before you leave for the weekend.
If you have any questions, please contact the Service Desk at x4-1950.
ODS will be reloaded starting at 9pm on March 29 and will finish by 6pm on March 30. It is not advised to run a Cognos report during this time period. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Service Desk at x4-1950.
In preparation for the university Energy Conservation Day, IT@Sam will be moving up system maintenance normally performed on Fridays to Thursday. 3/14.
This maintenance will include some service disruption on the following services. Service disruption should be no more than 15 minutes.
- ERP Systems & Login (including INB, SSB, Workflow, TouchNet, My Sam, Micros, Ad Astra, EDI Smart, and Job Submission)
- Library Card Catalog Services (including OCLC and ERES)
- LSC Digital Signage
- Raisers Edge
During this time monthly server patches will also be applied. Information on additional affected services will be available next week.
A bug was released in the iOS 6.1 update for Apple devices that caused increased network traffic to Exchange (our e-mail server) and caused decreased battery life on the device. You are receiving the message as you are a person that has an Apple device (iPad or iPhone) that is running that iOS6.1 update. Apple has released iOS 6.1.2 that will correct this issue. Please update your Apple devices as soon as possible to avoid loss of service. You can find additional information about the bug in Apple’s Support Forums: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4532?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US
If you have any questions, please contact the Service Desk at 936-294-1950.