- Mac OSX Security Updates
- Adobe Flash Player will be upgraded on PC workstations
- Adobe Shockwave Player will be upgraded on PC workstations
- Mozilla Firefox will be upgraded to version 17.0.5 on PC workstations
- ODS will be reloaded starting at 9pm on April 26 and will finish by 2pm on April 27. It is not advised to run a Cognos report during this time period. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Service Desk at x4-1950.
Windows workstation patches will be released on 4/13. Some of these patches may require your workstation to reboot. Please be sure that you save all work and log out of your workstation before you leave for the weekend.
If you have any questions, please contact the Service Desk at x4-1950.
ODS will be reloaded starting at 9pm on March 29 and will finish by 6pm on March 30. It is not advised to run a Cognos report during this time period. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Service Desk at x4-1950.
In preparation for the university Energy Conservation Day, IT@Sam will be moving up system maintenance normally performed on Fridays to Thursday. 3/14.
This maintenance will include some service disruption on the following services. Service disruption should be no more than 15 minutes.
- ERP Systems & Login (including INB, SSB, Workflow, TouchNet, My Sam, Micros, Ad Astra, EDI Smart, and Job Submission)
- Library Card Catalog Services (including OCLC and ERES)
- LSC Digital Signage
- Raisers Edge
During this time monthly server patches will also be applied. Information on additional affected services will be available next week.
A bug was released in the iOS 6.1 update for Apple devices that caused increased network traffic to Exchange (our e-mail server) and caused decreased battery life on the device. You are receiving the message as you are a person that has an Apple device (iPad or iPhone) that is running that iOS6.1 update. Apple has released iOS 6.1.2 that will correct this issue. Please update your Apple devices as soon as possible to avoid loss of service. You can find additional information about the bug in Apple’s Support Forums: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4532?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US
If you have any questions, please contact the Service Desk at 936-294-1950.
On Friday evening, 2/15, IT@Sam will be releasing Microsoft workstation patches. Some of those patches will restart your computer to apply. Please ensure that you are saving your work and logging off of your computer before you leave for the weekend.
To SHSU Faculty and Staff
IT@Sam is excited to announce that on Friday, February 1st, we will be implementing Microsoft Forefront Online Protection for Exchange (FOPE), which will replace our in-house e-mail filtering service. The FOPE service will incorporate multiple filters to actively help protect SHSU’s inbound and outbound e-mails from spam, viruses, phishing scams, and e-mail policy violations.
What this means to SHSU students, faculty, and staff:
- 1. Faster E-mail delivery – SHSU recipients should get e-mail delivered from an external server to their inbox faster. Average delivery should be 80% faster than our current rate of outside mail delivery.
- 2. Outbound e-mail protection as well as inbound – All e-mail will be scanned by FOPE and any e-mail suspected of being spam (such as phishing e-mails sent from compromised accounts) will be sent through a separate pool of FOPE servers.
- 3. Transparent Protection to Users – E-mails will no longer be tagged with indicators for spam, phishing, fraud, and virus in the subject line, as this was a function of the SHSU Edge mail system.
- 4. Users can maintain a personal “Safe Senders” list – E-mails addressed to you from a sender on your “Safe Senders” list will bypass the FOPE anti-spam filters, providing quicker delivery of messages. Each user will be able to add external e-mail addresses to a “Safe Senders” list, so you will be guaranteed to receive e-mails from these senders.
- 5. Reporting Spam – You will now be able to report spam messages, which make it past the filters, by sending the complete message as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.