IT@Sam will perform our bi-annual system and networking maintenance next week. In the past IT@Sam has reserved the weekend after Spring Graduation to perform maintenance. Although we attempt to minimize the service interruptions by performing most updates on weekends, we must perform both network and system updates, which will extend the amount of time necessary for this maintenance window.
On Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday nights beginning at 6pm, we will update systems each night. On Thursday night, we will update the Banner ERP system, and estimate that the system will be unavailable for about 15-30 minutes as we reboot the servers.
On Saturday, May 18, beginning at 8am, the campus network will be down for maintenance. We anticipate the outage to last only 4 hours. However, it is possible that the outage may last all weekend if problems arise. If you need notification as when the network is back up, please let me know. Off campus resources and remote.shsu.edu will be available from off campus, it is only the on-campus resources that will not be available.
We appreciate your assistance during this time. Please let us know if you have any major concerns about this outage or these changes as scheduled.
- Mac OSX Security Updates
- Adobe Flash Player will be upgraded on PC workstations
- Adobe Shockwave Player will be upgraded on PC workstations
- Mozilla Firefox will be upgraded to version 17.0.5 on PC workstations
- ODS will be reloaded starting at 9pm on April 26 and will finish by 2pm on April 27. It is not advised to run a Cognos report during this time period. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Service Desk at x4-1950.
ODS will be reloaded starting at 9pm on March 29 and will finish by 6pm on March 30. It is not advised to run a Cognos report during this time period. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Service Desk at x4-1950.
This evening starting at 5pm we are performing updates to SamNet-Guest Wireless and SSLVPN. Service disruption should be no more than 15 minutes.
In preparation for the university Energy Conservation Day, IT@Sam will be moving up system maintenance normally performed on Fridays to Thursday. 3/14.
This maintenance will include some service disruption on the following services. Service disruption should be no more than 15 minutes.
- ERP Systems & Login (including INB, SSB, Workflow, TouchNet, My Sam, Micros, Ad Astra, EDI Smart, and Job Submission)
- Library Card Catalog Services (including OCLC and ERES)
- LSC Digital Signage
- Raisers Edge
During this time monthly server patches will also be applied. Information on additional affected services will be available next week.
On Friday evening, 2/15, IT@Sam will be releasing Microsoft workstation patches. Some of those patches will restart your computer to apply. Please ensure that you are saving your work and logging off of your computer before you leave for the weekend.