|Does an extra, blank Excel worksheet appear on top of an existing spreadsheet that you have just opened?
Do you get an error message about a cache loader when attempting to open Excel files?
Do you get the error message AND an extra, blank worksheet?
If so, here’s what you need to do.
- Make sure that you have closed Excel completely.
- Open Windows Explorer by right-clicking on the Start button and then clicking on Explore.
- Navigate to the XLSTART folder in your profile. (C:\WINNT\profiles\your_username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART)
- Delete any files that happen to be in that folder. (It’s OK, you won’t lose any information.)
- Open your Excel file again, it should open without any errors or extra worksheets.