New! Students will now register for classes through the My Sam portal, instead of through SamWeb. Visit the Office of the Registrar’s How to Register webpage for instructional videos and other helpful information. Registration opens April 1 for the Summer 2011 term, and again on April 15 for the Fall 2011 term.
The Summer 2011 Registration Schedule is available on the Registrar’s homepage at: http://www.shsu.edu/~reg_www/schedule/RegistrationSchedule_Summer2011.html
The Fall 2011 Registration Schedule will be published at a later date prior to April 15.
All faculty, staff, and students will use the My Sam portal to access and update personal information, register for classes, view course offerings, and much more.
To access My Sam:
- Open your web browser. (Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari)
- Go to: https://mysam.shsu.edu. (You can also find a link to My Sam at the top of the University’s main web page.)
- Note: if you are logged on to a computer on campus (for example, in one of the labs), and you utilize IE on a PC or Safari on a Mac, you should be directed immediately to the portal. If you are directed to a login page, simply utilize your current login and password to sign on to My Sam.
- Once My Sam opens, you should see multiple tabs at the top of the white space: Home, Campus Resources, Registration, etc. Go to the Registration tab.
- On the Registration tab (as on all tabs), there are three columns of channels (small boxes that contain or refer you to pertinent or helpful information or sites).
Need help registering? Access the How to Register video from this tab. This is also where you access the Banner Self-Service channel to View Course Offerings (known as Class Schedule on SamWeb) and register for, add, or drop classes.
Need help maneuvering the My Sam portal? Check out the videos and quick reference guide on the Home tab, About My Sam Portal channel (top right).
If you are experiencing problems accessing My Sam, please contact the Service Desk at 936-294-1950, email: IT@Sam Service Desk.
***Copy of e-mail sent to all faculty, staff, and students at SHSU.***