October is Cyber Security Awareness month and IT@Sam is proud to announce that we are hosting a Cyber Security Poster Contest.
We are also issuing a call for judges. If you have experience dealing with cyber security issues, technology issues, or are just interested in becoming a judge please contact Lucrecia Chandler at UCS_LKN@shsu.edu
2011 Poster Contest Entry Requirements
Poster submissions should cover a cyber security problem and specific remedies or actions to combat that problem.
- This contest is open to all currently enrolled students at Sam Houston State University.
- Students can submit more than one poster.
- Students must be willing to make minor adjustments if necessary based on feedback from judging committee.
- Resolution must be sufficient to be printed at a max of 24”x36” without scaling (300dpi minimum).
- Submissions must be in .jpg format.
- Content should be targeted for a large audience that will include fellow students along with faculty and staff.
- Correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar must be used.
- All content must be original and generic. No brands, vendors, etc.
- A long shelf life is desirable.
- Professional (or paid) assistance is not allowed.
- Sponsorship is not allowed.
- This contest is to showcase your work to the higher education community. We will license all entries under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/).
- Submissions will be featured on the IT@Sam Service Desk Blog, Twitter feed, and Facebook pages along with various Cyber Security related presentations.
There will be prizes for the top three posters and an Honorable mention for the fourth place winner. Please stay tuned for an update in a future IT@Sam Newsletter issue about the prizes.