Windows 10 is an operating system that will replace Windows 7 on SHSU desktops beginning in Summer 2017. This new operating system amplifies productivity and provides protection against modern security threats. Below is a checklist of things to do before the update is pushed out to campus.
- BACK UP DATA
Anything saved on the local computer including files and software will be lost during the upgrade process. The upgrade will be pushed remotely May 18 – 31, 2017; take time to back up data stored on your C drive to your S drive or OneDrive now. If you need assistance, please call the IT@Sam Service Desk (4-HELP).
- CHECK PERIPHERALS
If you have a local printer, scanner, or other peripheral device attached to your computer which was purchased over four years ago, it will need to be checked for compatibility. This can be done through the manufacturer’s website or by e-mailing the Service Desk (subject line of “Windows 10 compatibility”) with the make and model of the device.
- Check PRINTER compatibility with Windows 10 via manufacturer website.
- Check SCANNER compatibility with Windows 10 via manufacturer website.
- Check the compatibility of any OTHER peripheral devices (i.e. label maker) with Windows 10 via manufacturer website.
- Reinstall software for peripheral device (after operating system upgrade).
- CHECK APPLICATIONS
If an application was installed manually on your computer, you will need to verify that the software is compatible with Windows 10. If it is compatible, the software will need to be reinstalled after the operating system upgrade.
- Make a list of applications or software packages that are not provided by IT and locate the installation media (i.e. Blue Zone, Google Drive, Dropbox) to reinstall later. NOTE: Office 2016, Adobe Acrobat DC, Internet Explorer, Edge, OneDrive, and Identity Finder will be installed with the Windows 10 upgrade.
Click here to print the Windows 10 Preparedness Checklist.
For more information, visit the SHSU Windows 10 website.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Service Desk.