Faculty and Staff PC workstations across campus are scheduled for upgrade to Windows 10 within the next couple weeks beginning Saturday, May 20, 2017. In preparation, please make sure you have completed the following:
- Save your data from your C drive to OneDrive or your S drive. Otherwise, your data will be lost when your computer is reimaged.
- Gather any passwords you may have saved in your web browser. Your connection with websites you use passwords and/or security questions will need to be re-established. Click here for details.
- Verify any locally installed software (not managed by IT) or hardware (webcams, printers, scanners, etc.) are Windows 10 compatible through the vendor’s website.
- Lastly, to aid in transferring your account settings to the Windows 10 environment, please log off, but do not power off, your workstation every day before you leave for the day.
Some things you should be aware of:
- During the deployment, if we are unable to communicate with your machine, your upgrade will be rolled within the next 24-72 hours.
- Should we run into difficulties, we may need to enter your office to work directly with your machine to restore service prior to the start of the workday. If this happens, we will leave either a business card or a note letting you know we were there.
- With Windows 10, the Internet browser defaults to Edge. If you use Cognos, Internet Native Banner (INB) or Banner Document Management (BDM), you will need to access these applications through Internet Explorer. We have created a guide to show you how to pin Internet Explorer to the Start Menu.
Please do not hesitate to contact the IT@Sam firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.