SecureCRT is scheduled to be deployed to campus on 7/3 at 7pm. This will affect those of you who use CRT for connecting to Nell.
REMINDER: Those who are still using unxmail/IMAP in the following buildings will be switched to Exchange accounts today: AB1, Criminal Justice Center, University Hotel, Lee Drain, Kirkley, and the Health Center.
Guide for setting up Outlook for Exchange: http://www.shsu.edu/exchangesetup
Here’s what is coming up next.
Faculty and Staff that have not yet been migrated to Exchange 2007 will be moved on the following dates:
- July 1: AB1, Criminal Justice Center, Hotel, Lee Drain Building, Kirkley, Administration Building, and Health Center.
- July 2: Newton Gresham Library, Music, University Theater Center, Smith-Hutson, Estill Classroom Building, Art, South Paw, Coliseum, East Plant, Field House, Softball, Baseball, and Weight Training facilities
- July 3: AB4, Evans, Austin Hall, Peabody Library, Thomason, West Plant, Residence Life, Lee Drain Annex, Farrington, AB2, Museum, Walker Education Center, and Sam South
- July 7: Lowman Student Center, Teacher Education Center, Counselor Education Center, AB3, and Dan Rather Communications
As a reminder we do have a guide for setting up your new Exchange account in Outlook. You will also need to keep in mind your new quota.
Those extensions still on the Meridian system will be converted to the new VoIP system on the following dates:
- July 3: AB1
- July 7: Criminal Justice Center, and University Hotel
- July 8:Lee Drain Building, Kirkley, Administration Building, and Health Center.
- July 9: Newton Gresham Library, Music, University Theater Center, and Estill Classroom Building
- July 10: Art, Evans, South Paw, Coliseum, East Plant, Field House, Softball, Baseball, and Weight Training facilities
- July 14: AB4, Austin Hall, Peabody Library, Thomason, West Plant, and Residence Life
- July 15: Lee Drain Annex, Farrington, AB2, Museum, Walker Education Center, and Sam South
- July 16: Lowman Student Center, Teacher Education Center, and Counselor Education Center
- July 17: AB3 and Dan Rather Communications
- July 18: Smith-Hutson
You can view our training guides for the new Cisco Phones through our Software Guides pages. We are also looking to hold a few training classes in the coming weeks, so look for more information to come in the IR Update or right here on the Helpdesk Blog.
We have started transitioning phone services to our new VoIP system. Those of you who have been transitioned to the Exchange 2007 mail server and the new VoIP system will notice a new change in Outlook.
Click on the Tools menu and select Options. You will then see the Options dialog box.
Click on the Voice Mail tab.
If you forget your voice mail PIN, you will find an option to request a reset. You will also see an option to change your outgoing greeting on your phone.
We also have a few tutorials available on our software guides page for the new phone system and the Cisco Handsets. We encourage you to check them out.
Anyone who currently has a Voice over IP phone (a Cisco handset) and are still on IMAP/unxmail will be converted to Exchange 2007 on Tuesday, June 24th. An email was sent out over the weekend to those who will be a part of this next phase of the Exchange 2007 migration.
For those on PCs, you can find instructions on setting up your new Exchange account online at: http://www.shsu.edu/exchangesetup
For those on a Mac or using another email client other than Outlook, you will need to use the following settings.
Incoming Mail Server: cas.shsu.edu
Outgoing Mail Server: The outgoing mail server will remain the same (smtp.shsu.edu).
When checking your email from an off campus location you will need to select “Exchange Mail” from the University Fast Links or click on the “Exchange Mail” link in the orange section on the SHSU main web page.
If you need assistance after your mailbox has been moved, please place a workorder or contact the Helpdesk at x4-1950.
The schedule for moving current Exchange 2003 mailboxes to Exchange 2007 is as follows.
Faculty/Staff with last names beginning with:
A – D: Monday, June 16
E – K: Tuesday, June 17
L – R: Wednesday, June 18
S – Z: Thursday, June 19
All Students: Friday, June 20
Alumni/Retirees/*Secondary Accounts: Saturday, June 21
*Secondary accounts are organization or departmental web and email accounts.
Please keep in mind your new quota limits.
The first two groups (A-D and E-K) have been moved with very few problems. We are working on the third group (L-R) now. As always please contact the Helpdesk if you have any problems.