Any computer account that is created starting today will automatically have an Exchange email account and will not have access to SamMail or IMAP email. Email will need to be checked by clicking on the “Exchange Mail” link from the main page of the SHSU website when off campus.
Please contact the Helpdesk with any questions you may have.
SecureCRT was pushed to campus on the evening of July 3rd and can be found by going to the Start button, All programs, SHSU Programs, and Communications.
This replaces CRT.
If you receive an email like the one below, please do not respond with any information. This email is not coming from SHSU. Our Security Officer is working with Gmail’s abuse team to have the account disabled that is generating the emails as well as blocking any inbound and outbound mail from that account.
From: ADMIN HELPDESK [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2008 7:15 AM
Subject: VERIFY YOUR SHSU.EDU EMAIL ACCOUNT NOW.
Dear SHSU.EDU Email Account Owner,
This message is from SHSU.EDU messaging center to all SHSU.EDU email account owners. We are currently upgrading our data base and e-mail account center. We are deleting all unused SHSU.EDU email accounts to create more space for new accounts.
To prevent your account from being closed, you will have to update it below so that we will know that it’s a present used account.
CONFIRM YOUR EMAIL IDENTITY BELOW
Email Username :
EMAIL Password :
Date of Birth :
Country or Territory :
Warning!!! Account owner that refuses to update his or her account within Seven days of receiving this warning will lose his or her account permanently.
Thank you for using SHSU.EDU
Accounts will be disabled for anyone who may respond with the information requested.
SecureCRT is scheduled to be deployed to campus on 7/3 at 7pm. This will affect those of you who use CRT for connecting to Nell.
REMINDER: Those who are still using unxmail/IMAP in the following buildings will be switched to Exchange accounts today: AB1, Criminal Justice Center, University Hotel, Lee Drain, Kirkley, and the Health Center.
Guide for setting up Outlook for Exchange: http://www.shsu.edu/exchangesetup
Here’s what is coming up next.
Faculty and Staff that have not yet been migrated to Exchange 2007 will be moved on the following dates:
- July 1: AB1, Criminal Justice Center, Hotel, Lee Drain Building, Kirkley, Administration Building, and Health Center.
- July 2: Newton Gresham Library, Music, University Theater Center, Smith-Hutson, Estill Classroom Building, Art, South Paw, Coliseum, East Plant, Field House, Softball, Baseball, and Weight Training facilities
- July 3: AB4, Evans, Austin Hall, Peabody Library, Thomason, West Plant, Residence Life, Lee Drain Annex, Farrington, AB2, Museum, Walker Education Center, and Sam South
- July 7: Lowman Student Center, Teacher Education Center, Counselor Education Center, AB3, and Dan Rather Communications
As a reminder we do have a guide for setting up your new Exchange account in Outlook. You will also need to keep in mind your new quota.
Those extensions still on the Meridian system will be converted to the new VoIP system on the following dates:
- July 3: AB1
- July 7: Criminal Justice Center, and University Hotel
- July 8:Lee Drain Building, Kirkley, Administration Building, and Health Center.
- July 9: Newton Gresham Library, Music, University Theater Center, and Estill Classroom Building
- July 10: Art, Evans, South Paw, Coliseum, East Plant, Field House, Softball, Baseball, and Weight Training facilities
- July 14: AB4, Austin Hall, Peabody Library, Thomason, West Plant, and Residence Life
- July 15: Lee Drain Annex, Farrington, AB2, Museum, Walker Education Center, and Sam South
- July 16: Lowman Student Center, Teacher Education Center, and Counselor Education Center
- July 17: AB3 and Dan Rather Communications
- July 18: Smith-Hutson
You can view our training guides for the new Cisco Phones through our Software Guides pages. We are also looking to hold a few training classes in the coming weeks, so look for more information to come in the IR Update or right here on the Helpdesk Blog.